Monday 17 September 2012

Carbohydrates, high blood sugars, and diabetes - see contact?

There is a close link between carbohydrate sugars in the blood, and diabetes. Carbohydrate gives your body energy or fuel it needs to function properly.

There are two types of simple and complex carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates are in foods such as corn, fruit, sugar or dextrose and table sugar. They are sugar molecules and one. Complex carbohydrates are foods that contain three or more linked sugars. Even carbohydrates create blood sugar and this is where the problems start for diabetics. A better understanding of the relationship helps to control your diabetes ...

Personal experience

I diabetic type 2 and, for a moment, and I my blood sugar has been achieved through tablets and diet. Monitoring blood sugar is very important for any diabetic - is the only way to reduce health complications in the future, and heart disease, and neuropathy leading to amputations, kidney disease and premature death.

Four years ago I began my sugar A1C levels to spin out of control - it was not high, but it was creepy widely. My doctor increased drug - with no real satisfactory results, and my blood sugars were all over the place, I could not pass on the high reading at night and woke up before hypoglaecemic (low blood sugar) in the early hours.

Then I discovered the Atkins diet, because I wanted to lose weight, I began to follow a low carb, high protein menus.

It was then that I discovered a real relationship between complex carbohydrates, blood sugars and my diabetes. Suddenly my blood sugars stabilized and was because I did not think large amounts of carbohydrates that pushed my blood sugar is very high.

This seems to go against the conventional advice on the right meals - rich complex carbohydrates - for diabetes. As you can see, you already know that I had to avoid sweet, sugary foods - these simple carbohydrates contained. I had not realized that the more complex carbohydrates from potatoes, bread, cereals affected my blood sugar as well.

But (there is always a "but" is not there?) Atkins diet does not really fit. I had constant diarrhea which was stressful and debilitating. Even reached parliament after 3-4 months, and, of course, and my blood sugar started to become out of control.

But now that you know about this subject, and it was all I had to do to find the right program for me that followed the principle of low-carb.

Recently, while doing research for my website diabetes, discovered the program that suits me, and which she described in more detail on my website for diabetics.

My advice to any diabetes and diabetes before, do your research! Understanding of the close relationship between complex carbohydrates you eat, and how they affect blood sugar and how it can be difficult to control your diabetes. Once you understand this link, to find a plan or system that you can adapt to make safe blood sugar under control.

Remember, a lot of carbohydrates (simple or complex) give high levels of sugar in the blood and if you have diabetes, it means your body can not meet this additional burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment